My suggestions for this project.
- Give own staff education about life in the third world
- Ensure that "market forces" affect software (even hardware?) available for the machine
- Invest large amounts in educational software
- Provide ways for local people to create educational software and e-books
- Address language barriers. Need efficient and effective localization infastructure; should promote an international language
- Create "hi-res" (640x480, 800x600) version of the laptop
- Develop theories about how the laptop could be used to improve economies and quality of life beyond simply having laptops. Use the "teach a man to fish" principle - but need short term benefits also.
- Provide better development tools than LOGO for students
- Develop a mono version of the .NET Compact Framework for the machine?
- Get involved in the project somehow? I could...
- Contact others who look smart and bring them in?
- Help promote the project at companies & educational institutions, and solicit investment?